Random thoughts from this week:
- We’re moving tomorrow. We’re picking up the moving truck at 1:30pm today. Friends and family are coming over tonight to help load the truck. Tonight will be our last night in Club Cellar, and we’ll be sleeping on an air mattress with probably nothing more than a duffel bag of necessities to get us through. This is really happening, isn’t it.
- I started reading for pleasure this week. With the volume of assigned reading I’ve done over the course of the past few years, I had almost forgotten how much I love to read for pleasure. There is nothing quite so satisfying as sitting in the sun reading a good book.
- I hate packing. That’s about all I have to say about that. This week has been a struggle–slowly filling boxes, one at a time, as those boxes slowly take up my living space.
- Yesterday was probably the last time I’ll hang out at the Mayfield Caribou Coffee as a regular. Over the past three years, that place has practically become a second home. I’m going to miss the little community I’ve developed over the past few years.
- I’m getting really excited to get started at Epiphany Lutheran in Centerville. There’s a group from the church coming to help us unload the moving truck tomorrow afternoon, and even though I don’t officially start until next Thursday, Scott and I are attending worship at one of the campuses this Sunday to be introduced. We’ll be hitting the other five (yeah, you read that right) services next weekend.