Last night in a scramble to find something to eat for dinner, Scott and I came up with this tasty recipe for a homemade version of Chipotle‘s chicken fajita bowl. Mmm… Since some people have asked for the recipe, here it is – although I must admit that we weren’t really very exact on measurements, so you may have to just try it and see what works for your tastes and appetites.
- 1/2 an onion cut into slices
- 1/2 a green pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 a red pepper cut into strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- cumin (to taste)
- chili powder (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- one large chicken breast
- Uncle Ben’s brown rice
- sour cream
- mozzerella cheese
- one can diced tomatos with peppers and onions
- Tabasco green sauce (optional)
- Season the chicken breast with cumin and chili powder on both sides. Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 25 minutes (until done). Cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 4 servings (1 cup) of Uncle Ben’s rice according to directions on box.
- Sautee peppers and onions over medium heat in a small amount of olive oil. Season to taste with salt, cumin and chili powder.
- When all above is done, prepare in a bowl as follows: rice (1 cup cooked), topped with chicken (1/2 breast each), 3 tbsp of diced tomatos with peppers and onions, fajita vegetables, sour cream and cheese as desired.
- Enjoy! (We also topped ours with Tabasco green sauce)